Monday, May 24, 2010

5/19-->5/23 TRINIDAD!!!

Welcome to TRINIDAD! All 14 of us arrived in Trinidad on the 19th of May with the expectation to learn about music and culture of the Caribbean island. I walked out of the airport and was smacked in the face with the heat and humidity of this tropical island. Palm trees, and cars on the opposite side of the road were some of the few signifier's that I was not in Massachusetts anymore (thank god!). The past five days I've tried new foods and curried versions of old foods. I've met influential people that taught me about the importance of carnival, and nature. Before classes begin and we get into the meat of this research project we've already experienced soo much of the culture!!
This is at the waterfall after our hike. It was like finding gold at the end of the rainbow! (me and Brittany)
The Roti meal we prepared at Sunity's house. yum yum yum

(The first mango stand we saw!!)
Yellowgirl is sooo excited to see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment